Friday, March 18, 2016

Uplifting Music ~ Ryan Stevenson

With the wide variety of music to choose from, what draws you in? What causes you to stay on a station and not click on? Is it the tone, the beat, the lyrics? For me the lyrics are important, what really pulls me in is if the message is something I can relate to. I remember in my college days I was all over the place with my music preference. My mood had a lot to do with what I was going to listen to, and often times I was not content until I found something that matched whatever I was dealing with. Sometimes I couldn't find anything going through the many stations available. Fast forward several years and I found Christian rock and surprisingly (or not) I was content with that kind of music... all the time. Sure not every Christian artist is my fave but the messages, the lyrics hit me in a way like nothing else had. I've been stuck on 96.5 and Christian music on Pandora for awhile now, and I know I won't find anything better.

My husband surprised me for our last wedding anniversary with Christian music concert tickets! We really had no idea what to expect, but it turned out to be such an amazing experience! I could definitely take more nights like that with my man. :)

Ryan Stevenson was the opener for the night, and all I have to say is, words are powerful. His "Eye of the Storm" is one of my favorites. He is so easy to listen to and his messages are uplifting, filled with hope. Listen and enjoy HERE.

What are some of your favorite, uplifting songs to listen to. Feel free to share in the comments. I would love to hear!


No comments: