Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thankful Thursday


"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, 
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". John 3:16

I have started reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and it is so good! This book reminds you to stop and think of how many blessings we have been given right now, in this very moment. Presently I am thankful for the beautiful sunshine pouring in through the window, the peace and quiet while Kaelyn is outside having fun with other children, for a warm and cozy home, for being able to design and create from home... there are just so many wonderful gifts. But there is one that exceeds all others and that is the gift of Jesus, given to all of us. Because of Him, salvation, forgiveness of sins, healing, power over evil and so much more is made possible. And we did what to deserve this? All I can say is, I am thankful, very thankful, and all I can do in return is praise God for all these gifts, because they can't be earned. They are freely given to me and to you. We are blessed. I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

No comments: